Links to Useful Templates
From Requests for Quotes to Invoices to Timesheets, there’s no sense reinventing the wheel. Check out these free templates to save you time and money!
- Simple Invoice – this clean, classic invoice is straightforward and easy to use for any freelance project (from Going Freelance)
- Custom Contract – this template is easy to customize ensuring your contract is truly yours (from Freelancers Union)
- Timesheet – this timesheet template has two tabs, one which will allow you to log hours worked on a weekly basis, and another on a monthly basis so you can document time (from Zervant)
- Simple Quotation – this basic quotation template is professional and easy to customize (from Template.net)
- Detailed Proposal – this form allows you to create a detailed proposal for bigger projects (from PandaDoc)
Links to Freelance Rates Guides & Calculators
It can be challenging to know what to charge clients (or what to pay if you’re hiring a freelancer!). No two freelancers are exactly the same, and rates vary greatly based on experience, education, and geographic location. Check out these resources to help you set rates for various projects and clients.
- Editorial Rates Chart – useful guide from the Editorial Freelance Association (EFA)
- Freelance Writing Rates Guide – helpful summary (scroll down the page to view) of range of charges by hour, page, word, project, and more from The Balance Small Business
- How Much Should I Charge – an extensive chart published by Writers Market with a wide variety of freelance projects for writers and designers and range of charges displayed by hour, page, and project with notes for experience level
- 2018 Freelance Writing Rates Infographic – this useful graphic from Clear Voice shows rates charged in a variety of ways and includes rate differentials by experience level
- Raise Your Freelance Rate Calculator – download this calculator from Flaunt My Design and enter your current rate to see how increases over time affect your bottom line
Links to Job Listing Sites
Whether you’re a veteran freelancer or just starting out, finding your next gig can sometimes be a challenge. Check out these sites to help move you along your freelance journey!
- Problogger (open access freelance listings)
- Upwork (requires membership; variety of freelance/remote jobs)
- Morning Coffee Newsletter (receive job posts in your inbox!)
- MediaBistro (variety of media-related jobs)
- Freelance Writing (job board for freelance/remote gigs)
- BloggingPro (freelance and contract listings, mostly content)